- Fresh flowers
- Fresh fruit arranged in nice dish
- Clean house!
- Lights on if needed
- Heating on for a quick blast before they arrive
- Clean windows
- Check outside of house for litter
- Move cars so parking spaces look bigger
- Make sure no cooking going on - unless you fancy baking bread! This is supposed to give a very homely feel to a house so would work better in a cottage than a smart flat.
- Place glossy lifestyle mags on coffee table
- Brew coffee (I've read this one works! )
- Clean the inside of the front door with a spot of furniture polish - it'll give a very clean smell when they walk in.
- Check no shoes left by the front door. Hide coats off coat rack.
- Decide which doors are to be left open - sometimes opening doors to reveal rooms is better, but some rooms make a house look more spacious if doors are open. Try both and decide which is best.
- Decide which way round the house to show them!
- Rehearse the positives of why you've loved living here
- Have a good reason why you're leaving - not just that you've outgrown it. Having to move for work or family reasons is a good one to use.
- Iron duvet covers!
- Arrange soft furnishings to give a nice look on sofas and beds
- Empty all the bins.
- Arrange rubbish bins neatly outside.
- Ask them questions too! You'll be able to point out local schools if they have kids!
- Tell them about how nice your neighbours are
- Tell them about the local area if they don't know it - what shops are nearby, transport links etc
- Dress nicely! You're selling your home so don't look like a slob
Monday, 5 May 2008
Quick hints for viewings
Some very easy and quick hints when doing viewings